Friday, February 8, 2013

Update on Pebbles

Okay, did you know that furbabies can fight sleep just like human babies??? I didn't know this either until the last 48 hrs with Pebbles. She is so nervous and fidgety and has no control over her bladder at this moment, which mean keeping her on puppy pads. Ok, again, just like a human baby, Pebbles, will cry out when she has soiled her pad to be changed. This started Wednesday night. Okay, we were up every couple of hours to change her pads. During the day Thursday, I tried to keep her awake as much as possible so she would sleep last night. Well, guess what, she didn't sleep. I got up and brought her into the living room and stayed in the recliner so hubby could get some shut eye because he has to work. Ok, this is when the fighting sleep began. I have never seen a furbaby do this. She was so sleepy but would hold her head up as high as possible and if she started to nod off and the head fell down, that would wake her back up. So, we have had this situation going on for the last 26 hours.
Her wheelchair was delivered around 1pm today! Hubby put it together and got her hooked up in it and she did a little walking but got very nervous and started panting like crazy so hubby took it off and we brought her back in. We fixed her a bed on the back of the love seat in the sitting room where hubby watches TV. Well, she would nod off for a little bit and then back to fighting sleep again.

Very happy to report that she has been asleep for almost 3 hours now and is snoring nicely! She still is not eating. She is drinking plenty of water but we are hoping that since she is getting some  sleep tonight she will wake up in a better mood tomorrow and begin to eat again. We put her in the chair for another try before she finally gave up and fell asleep. She took steps and walked to me when I called her. I will confess that both hubby and I were sobbing when she walked with the wheelchair.
the company included a whine up dog in a wheelchair in with the supplies they sent. We decided that we are going to order her the other set of hind leg supports for a little more comfort. Her belly is also got like diaper rash from laying on the pads when wet, so I am treating that with destine! I know, it is crazy isn't it!!! But, I mean it, these furbabies are such a big part of our lives. I will try to get some pics of Pebbles in her wheelchair and post them tomorrow.

I also got my box of goodies from Elizabeth. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful goodies you included. I also got my 5 hearts from the swap that Debby from Cozy Blanket hosted. Thank you ladies so much. I did not make it out and about today, and not planning on going anywhere tomorrow. I am dog tired. I have been up with Pebbles so hubby could sleep and I am exhausted. Also, doing all the laundry that she is generating, going up and down the stairs many times a day, so I am aching in my lower back. But, I will promise to get them in the mail on Monday. I am so sorry and I hope you ladies will understand.

Hugs to all,
Lynn

1 comment:

My Primitive Creations by Tonya said...

Hi Lynn..so sorry to hear about your precious FurBaby. Glad that she has a wheel chair to help get her around...I'm sure she will get used to it. In time she will be thankfull for it..

Blessings
Tonya