Have you made your new year resolutions? I did not this year! Why set myself up to fail! I do have goals for this year! My word for 2014 is forgiveness! I am the type of person to hang on to things that I should let go of and I only injury myself this way! So my goals for 2014 are the following:
1. to spend more time studying God's word!
2. to forgive myself for my shortfalls, flaws, and all the stupid mistakes I make!
3. to forgive others and let go of past hurts.
4. Spend more time with my extended family
5. To learn how to sew on the machine and by hand.
6. To learn how to embroider, knit, crochet, and hopefully needle felting
7. To learn more about my family's history. I have lots of pictures of my paternal Grandmother's family and my husband's family. I want to learn the history of the people I came from. I have West, Gregory, Kirby, Collins, and Starnes blood in me. There may be more. But thanks to a Bible I found from my father, Larry Ray Kirby, who died when I was 20 months old, I found out the names of his Mother's Mother and Grandmother. And found out that he had the familiar chicken scratch writing like many men.
8. To hopefully add a new dachshund or two to our family this year. I am praying the right girls will come along that will soften my hubby's heart.
9. To make more crafts this year.
10. To work on family scrapbooks this year.
11. To be a better wife and Mother.
I hope this year is a better year for our country. I watch the news every day and get so upset. I want our country to be strong again. I want to be able to buy things that say Made in America! I want a government that works for us, the people and not themselves! If they pass laws that we have to live by then they should have to live by those laws too. I hope this year is a blessing in many ways.
I promised pictures of the furbabies at Christmas so here you go!