Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Hello everyone! It is a rainy, dreary morning here in Conover, North Carolina. I was looking in my cabinets for Valentines and I ran across
these. They were sent to my parents by each other during their short
time together. My real father was killed in an accident, he fell off
the back of a truck while it was moving. He was helping his brother move
and my Mother and my aunt were following in the car behind them. So, she
saw him fall off the truck. I can only imagine how hard that was on her.
I do not have a lot of my Father's things. My Mother remarried when I was 5
and my Dad's things were misplaced or given away over the years.I wish
she had kept everything for me, but you can't go back, so I cherish the
items I have so much. When my Mother was pregnant with me and people would
ask Daddy what he wanted a boy or a girl and he would answer a red-headed
baby girl! He got what he wanted. I say it was a gift from God because he
knew Daddy would only have me for 20 months before he was called home! Oh,
how I wish God would have let him stay a little longer so I could have a
real memory of him. All I have is a few of his things and stories from famiy and friends about him.

I am trying to get out of the gloom and doom slump that I am in and worked
on some Valentine's last night. I also put out some of my Valentine decor.
The pictures are below. That is all for now! Keep me in your prayers,
please! Talk to you soon!
Oh the furbabies say hello, they are a happy group this morning! They got
a bath last night and even though they are not so happy about the bath,
they feel so good after the bath they run all over the house while drying
off! It is so fun to watch. We laughed at Pebbles who is our oldest, she
will be 12 years old on the 30th of this month!! She is also just a little
chunky, she would take off running from the kitchen and jump on her pillow
in front of the fire place! Hubby built a fire so they could lay in front
of it after they got done with the bath! Pebbles would lay on the pillow
for a little bit and then run to the kitchen and run back and jump on the
pillow again!She did this like 5 or 6 times! It was soo funny.
Have a great day!!
Hugs,




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a heartfelt post.
Wonderful treasures those valentines are.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Tam

Unknown said...

Oh, of course I will remember you in my prayers.
Tam

Musings from Kim K. said...

What special valentines. Such an emotional post. Sounds like your furry family members were quite the sight. I imagine a fire would be the perfect place to warm up.

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

really nice boxes....
and I am loving the mouse on a pin keep.....

Jenny said...

What a tragic event that happened, I am sorry for your loss...

You must really treasure those priceless Valentines!

I'm glad the furbabies got to dry off by a nice, warm fire!!!

You will be in prayers and thoughts!

Lori said...

I'm so glad you have at least a few things to cherish from your father. And such wonderful treasures to put out in your parents' honor. By the way, would you like a digital image of the wienie dog valentine? I would be happy to send it to you. If you would like to have it, just email me!

papertrails leaver said...

Lynn your post has me in tears! I What a heartwrenching event for your Mother to endure and you having your father taken so early you barely knew him. The valentine shared between your parents is so sweet and touching! I am glad you have that to cherish.