Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

As I sit here typing this post, I am remembering the day I found out I was pregnant with my first baby. Duane and I had been dating for over 2 years and had been engaged for around a year. I knew the moment that Eric was conceived, I remember thinking to myself, OMG, what have we done. I was a senior in high school, I had a plans to go to college when I graduated. My step-father pressured me to have an abortion but I would not do that. Duane and I got married in Octoboer. The 15 day of the month, which was the same day that my grandparents of my real Dad (who God took to heaven when I was 20 months old) were married on. I did not know that when we chose that date. Eric turned 26 last Sunday! It is so hard to believe that my children have grown up into young adults, out on their own, and starting their own families. I miss the days of running=you know running this one to practice, picking this one up from practice. Ball games every weekend, Cheerleader competitions,(my girls Rocked-we still have the trophies in the attic), softball games, football games, and then their dramas over boyfriends and girlfriends, hugging them and telling them it will be okay-one day God will send that special one for them. I miss all of that and remind the young Moms that are my friends to cherish each of those days!They go away so fast!!!Now it is just Duane and I and the 5 yes 5 furbabies! Shh-they are the best kids ever, they also greet us at the door with barks of excitement, the cuddle up with us when we don' feel well, they love us when we are very unloveable, they never talk back to us, they appreciate the least little thing, a rub on a belly, or a rub behind their cute little ears. Don't tell Eric and Dana, LOL, but when the good Lord takes Duane and I home, the furbabies get it ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Happy Mother's Day to all Moms everywhere. And to our little boy who is waiting for us in Heaven, we love you, think of you often, and wonder what life would have been like if you were still with us!!
Just always know that you are not forgotten and we can't wait to see you again!
Love ,
Mom

No comments: